Keeping up with the Taylor Tots

There is never a dull day around here!

Monday, May 12, 2008

We missed Dad!

We took this photo the day before Daddy left for San Diego. Daddy needed a little snuggle time with the bug before taking off for 5 days.



While Daddy was gone Alice and I were very busy...hence not updating the blog for several days. Alice began breaking ground on her first tooth...very exciting! Very exciting at all hours of the night! Needless to say we did not get as much sleep as we needed. After Robert had left on Sunday I discovered that our deep freezer had been without power for several days and most things were either thawed out and still refridgerated or beginning to thaw out...as a result I spent a great deal of time while Robert was gone in the kitchen cooking and making casseroles. We had 40 lbs of shrimp and 25 breasts of chicken as well as my stockpile of breastmilk (which I did cry about because, of course, I had to throw it away).If that wasn't enoughI also took on redecorating Robert's office with my folks assistance...a little "while you were out" project. Which Robert was very happy to see when he came home on May 8. When I can get photos of both finished projects I will post them...Alice won't let me look at her mouth, and the finishing touches are still going into the office.

2 comments:

Henry Dawgs said...

Stuff like this always happens when the hubby is traveling! I'm glad you were able to save the food! The breastmilk is a bummer...it's no easy task saving up all of that breastmilk! I would have cried too!

Lauren said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! All those pumping hours...GONE! Sounds like you stayed BUSY! I'm sure Robert loved his office! What a good wife & mom!